Nutrition Services at PFC
Meet with a Registered Dietitian and:
- Receive an individualized plan based on your specific needs and goals
- Improve your health and prepare your body for pregnancy
- Separate nutrition and fertility fact from fiction
- Correct any nutritional deficiencies
Nutrition consultations consist of:
- A 75 minute initial appointment to discuss your current and past medical history, food preferences, cooking skills, goal setting and nutrition education. Expect to leave with tangible goals to work on until the next session. Cost is $150.
- 45 minute follow up appointments, as needed. Discussion of previous goal and new goal setting will be the focus of these sessions. Cost is $85
Not sure if you are a candidate for nutritional counseling?
Set up a time for a free 20 minute phone chat with the dietitian to find out!
Ask a member of the front desk or call 415-834-3000 for more information or to set up an appointment.
Alison Boden, MPH, Registered Dietitian
Alison received her undergraduate degree from UC Davis, followed by graduate training in nutrition and public health from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. As a practitioner of integrative nutrition she takes a holistic approach to wellness, recognizing that the foundation for optimal health and healing begins with a health promoting diet. Her emphasis is on using medical nutrition interventions to create a basis for health promotion and healing.
A lover of good food, Alison believes that a healthful diet should be thoughtful, enjoyable and satisfying. Each meal does not only provide calories, but is an opportunity to supply our organs with the nutrients and building blocks needed for health. When the body is out of balance, as in the case of infertility, proper food choices can correct deficiencies and bring balance back to the system. What you eliminate from your diet is often as important as what you include. Consultations with Alison will help you address the key components of your diet that may be affecting your fertility and wellbeing, as well as help prepare your body for pregnancy.
Alison has experience assessing and counseling clients related to pregnancy and fertility, weight management, lipid control, food allergies, digestive health, sports nutrition, and chronic diseases such as cardiovascular, kidney disease and cancer. She views each person as a unique individual, and is dedicated to educating patients on natural ways to achieve optimal health and allowing them to take an active role in their health care decisions.