IVF Success Rates & Fertility Statistics
Pacific Fertility Center's IVF Laboratory Statistics
IVF Success Rates at Our Northern California Fertility Center
Our In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) success rates at PFC can be attributed to our status as a leader in the field of clinical infertility, embryology research and laboratory methodology, as well as highly trained staff and a solid investment in state of the art equipment. The combined clinical experience of our physician team is over 100 years. We pride ourselves on not only keeping up with the latest science in our field, but also being innovators and early adopters of the best that technology has to offer. The outstanding embryology team at our Northern California San Francisco Bay Area fertility center is devoted to the most progressive methods of embryo culture, the process in which eggs and sperm are combined and fertilized to form an embryo.
At Pacific Fertility Center we are not only proud of how many families we have helped to create, but the fact that our goal is to create healthy families. We strongly believe that it does no service to our patients to achieve a pregnancy at the expense of having multiple gestation babies with the real possibility of life-long health issues. Our clinic has experienced great success with single embryo transfers, thus significantly reducing the risk of multiple embryo implantation and multiple births. We continue to lead the field in such technology as frozen embryo implantation and pre-implantation genetic screening, which help to make the transfer of healthy single embryos possible.
* Clinical pregnancy refers to the finding of a pregnancy sac in the uterus following transfer.
* Live birth rate will be lower after accounting for miscarriage and pregnancy loss.
2015 CCS Frozen Embryo Transfers
* Embryos represented were Day 5, 6, and 7 vitrified thaws.
|Statistics||< 35||35-37||38-40||41-42||> 40||Donor|
|Number of Thaw Procedures||112||154||111||37||7||104|
|Number of Frozen Embryos Transfers||112||153||111||37||7||104|
|Clinical Pregnancy Rate Per Transfer||57%||56%||50%||54%||86%||63%|
|Live Birth Rate Per Transfer||53%||51%||47%||43%||71%||48%|
|Average # of Embryos Transferred||1.1||1.07||1||1||1||1|
|Percent of eSET Transfers||92%||91%||98%||98%||100%||100%|
Elective Single Embryo Transfer (eSET)
Many patients wish to avoid having even a twin multiple gestation. We at PFC strongly support this goal, to have one healthy baby at a time. This is why we are proud of the success we have achieved with those patients desiring to decrease prematurity risks and proceed electively with single embryo transfer.
Please Note: A comparison of clinic success rates may not be meaningful because patient medical characteristics, treatment approaches, and entry criteria for ART may vary from clinic to clinic. When reviewing any clinic's fertility treatment statistics please keep in mind that methodology, treatment course schedules and patient population are unique to the given institution.
The following parameters inform our success rates and philosophy at PFC:
Please contact us anytime if you would like further clarification of the information below.
- At Pacific Fertility Center we provide every patient with an objective and thorough overview of their fertility situation. This includes a review of each treatment's success statistics, time frame and risks associated with a given procedure(s). It is important to us that every decision and treatment choice be well informed.
- In developing a treatment plan, our patients and physicians work as a team, carefully reviewing goals, diagnosis and expected outcome.
- While a patient may face a low chance of success according to historical fertility treatment statistics, we believe that the decision to proceed with a given treatment is an individual one, and we will not interfere with a patient's decision or turn that patient away. Some centers may discourage treatment for patients with a challenging diagnosis in an effort to maintain high pregnancy results. At PFC, we do not believe in this practice. However, we do believe in providing, to the best of our ability, the greatest possible care and the most honest assessment and advice to help decide on that course of care.
- PFC performs a large volume of IVF, frozen embryo transfer and egg donor cycles. This higher volume enables our clinic to have stronger statistical accuracy.
- When determining the maximum number of embryos to transfer, PFC adheres to guidelines set by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. This practice helps us to lower the risk of twins and 'high order multiples' (three or more offspring in one birth), which can lead to such complications as pre-term labor, low birth weight, fetal stress and maternal health symptoms.
- We present live birth rates, so there is a significant lag between the year we present and the current dates as we must wait until October of the following year to obtain all the birth information.
Want to learn more about IVF Success Rates at PFC?
Schedule a consultation and experience the 'art of conception' at Pacific Fertility Center, located in Northern California's San Francisco Bay Area. With consistently high IVF success rates our fertility clinic is a top Bay Area destination for IVF treatment.
During the consult, our board certified physicians will review your medical history and answer any questions you may have about IVF treatment, IVF success rates, treatment costs and more. Some common questions about IVF Success Rates include:
- What factors have the greatest impact on IVF success rates?
- How long does one cycle of IVF take to complete?
- Does the male partner's age affect success rates?
- And much more... We're here to answer your questions.
Pacific Fertility Center is conveniently located in the Northern California San Francisco Bay Area. Schedule an IVF consultation with PFC's 'Top Docs' to learn more about your options.