Fertility Blog

What Can Be Done Before I See a Fertility Specialist?

These tests can be done by your primary care physician or gynecologist prior to consulting your Reproductive Endocrinologist:- Day 3 FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and Estradiol (Day 2-3 is acceptable)

  • TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
  • Prolactin
  • Progesterone: 7 days prior to menses, this test is occasionally helpful
  • Semen analysis

These tests may be useful based on each patient's particular needs:- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) or documentation of tubal status

  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparoscopy: The surgeon should be able to treat during this procedure, not just diagnosis.

The following treatments may be done, if indicated, for a limited number of cycles:- IUI (intrauterine insemination)

  • Clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Serophene)

    At Pacific Fertility Center, we bring a complete team of specialists together to focus on your fertility situation. With extensive backgrounds as REI specialists, embryologists, nurses, marriage and family therapists and financial counselors, we develop a single, integrated solution to your medical, psychological and financial needs. Please use our Ask the Experts resource if you have further questions. -- Philip Chenette, MD

Posted on June 4th, 2010

Ready? Let's Connect.

We're here to go at your pace and answer any questions you have. Get in touch when you're ready. We'll be right here.

Request a Consult Contact PFC

Translate page
The site uses cookies, pixels and other similar technologies, as further described in our privacy statement. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies.