"How Fertile Am I?"
Take our quiz to find out!
For each of the following questions, answer as best you can. Tally the results and see the scoring table at the end of the quiz.
1) Your age:
- 16-25 = 5 pts.
- 25-29 = 4 pts.
- 30-34 = 3 pts.
- 35-37 = 2 pts.
- 38-40 = 1 pt.
- 41 or older = 0 pts.
2) Length of the menstrual cycle (from the start of one period to the next, not on hormonal contraception):
- Regular, between 27-34 days = 3 pts.
- Longish (35-40 days) = 2 pts.
- Short (24-26 days) or unpredictable = 1 pt.
- Never or rarely have periods = 0 pts.
3) Prior pregnancies:
- 1 or more live births = 3 pts.
- 1 or more elective pregnancy terminations = 2 pts.
- 1 or more miscarriages = 1 pt.
- Never tried = 1 pt.
- Have tried, not successful = 0 pts.
4) History of pelvic surgeries:
- No prior surgeries = 3 pts.
- Prior minor surgery on uterus (D&C, abortion, polyp removal) = 2 pts.
- Prior major surgery on uterus, tubes or ovaries (myomectomy, cyst removal, tubal reconstruction) = 1 pt.
- Removal of an ovary = 0 pts.
(if more than one choice, select the most serious surgery with the lowest point value)
5) Frequency of sexual intercourse:
- 3 or more times a week =5 pts.
- 1-2 times a week = 4 pts.
- Less than once a week = 2 pts.
- About once a month = 1 pt.
- Never or no partner = 0 pts.
6) Mother's age at menopause:
- 50 or older = 3 pts.
- 45-50 = 2 pts.
- 40-44 = 1 pt.
- Less than 40 = 0 pts.
7) History of sexually-transmitted disease:
- No known prior STDs = 3 pts.
- Positive for herpes, HPV, or any other STD besides gonorrhea or Chlamydia = 2 pts.
- History of exposure to gonorrhea or Chlamydia = 1 pt.
- History of pelvic inflammatory disease = 0 pts.
(if more than one choice, select the most serious STD with the lowest point value)
- 20-24 = Very fertile
- 15-19 = Chances are pretty good
- 10-14 = Perhaps you should see your gynecologist and have some testing done
- Less than 10 = Probably need to see a reproductive endocrinologist/infertility specialist