Virtual Consults: FAQ for Fertility Patients
Is PFC open to new patients?
PFC remains open to new patients during Shelter in Place. Our physicians and clinical care team are dedicated to helping our patients continue to prepare for their fertility treatments during this time.
Why would I start my fertility treatment remotely?
Many patients do not realize that it can take 4-6 weeks to prepare for a treatment cycle even during ideal conditions. Most of the consults and testing required can be accomplished safely from your home and our care team is online and ready to assist you every step of the way.
How can I prepare for a fertility cycle remotely?
Start with a free 30 minute virtual consult with one of our PFC board certified Reproductive Endocrinologists. All of our visits are HIPAA Complaint utilizing Microsoft Teams.
What about ultrasound, semen analysis, and bloodwork?
Your clinical team will work with you to choose the best option for bloodwork and diagnostic testing.
- We are offering a targeted ultrasound with one of our doctors*.
- We are offering semen analysis for the male patients*.
- We can order hormone testing two ways:
1. You can take a quick trip to a lab draw location near your home
2. We have partnered with Modern Fertility to offer at-home finger prick hormone testing
- For patients interested in genetic testing, we have partnered with Natera to provide mobile phlebotomy services or in-home saliva kits
What other appointments do I need?
After testing is complete, your physician will set up an additional virtual consult to review your personalized treatment plan. - Your care team, including our clinical and financial coordinators will set up time to walk you through the details of your care plan and assist you with understanding the financial impact, including how to best utilize your fertility benefits - Our in-house Genetic Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists are also available for remote consults
You’re ready to go! You’ve completed your checklist and are ready to start your treatment when it works best for you.
- All patients will be subject to screening questions and a temperature check before entering the center