Dr. Schriock Presents at UCSF Law School
PFC's Dr. Eldon Schriock spoke at the University of San Francisco Law School this week. He presented to law students in a family law class with Professor Maya Manian.
During the presentation, Dr. Schriock gave an update on current Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) technology, focusing on CCS, egg and embryo freezing, reduction of multiple pregnancy, fertility preservation and using ART for family planning.
He also spoke about the potential legal and ethical issues in ART including:
- Use of ART for non-fertility issues
- Potential ethical limits of ART technology
- Risks and benefits of egg and embryo freezing
- Eggs versus sperm freezing
- Genetic carrier screening