About San Francisco
San Francisco is a unique and beautiful city surrounded by water and spanned by five bridges, including the breathtaking Golden Gate. The city is known for its physical beauty and rich culture, its diverse neighborhoods and ethnicities, and of course for its food.
We know that treatment far from the comforts of home can be a challenge. While our patients are here, we want to help make their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We hope that our patients will find an opportunity to explore this very special city, and that this may help to revive their spirit during treatment.
The guide below includes an extensive listing of restaurants, cultural attractions, breathtaking walks and hikes and a range of accommodations. Our staff is always available to help our patients connect with our community. Welcome!
Food and Farmer's Markets
- Ferry Building Farmer's Market
- Farmers Markets in nearby Marin County
- Yelp Guide to food and restaurants in San Francisco
- San Francisco Travel/Dine
Outdoor Activities, hikes and walks
- Crissy Field by the Bay, Marina District
- Golden Gate Park
- Free historical walking tours of San Francisco
- Ocean Beach, San Francisco
Just over the Golden Gate Bridge
Art, Architecture and Culture
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Asian Art Museum of San Francisco
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum
- Victorian homes walk
- All San Francisco Tours
- City Guides
News and Information
Hotels and other Accommodations
- Hotel reservation/information service for San Francisco and Silicon Valley
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- Gay travel and visiting
- Find a listing of nearby hotels on our accommodations page.